[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 connectivity problem (qualify=yes)

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Nov 17 05:38:16 MST 2003

Hi there,

I still have issues with the IAX connection between two servers (one
static (server A), one dynamic (server B), none behind NAT):

B registers with A, and "iax2 show registry" shows that everything is
fine. However, after a while if I check on server A with "iax2 show
peers" I see a status of UKNOWN (in iax.conf there is a qualify=yes
statement for server B).

The problem is that the connection to server B regularly gets worse than
2000 ms and is thus temporarily listed as unavailable - fine so far, that
is correct. But at some point server A stops to pick up the working (!)
connection and permanently shows status UNKOWN although the connection
is fine again (40 ms or so). It does help to issue a "reload" on server
A, but that's for sure not the way it should be... without that "reload"
server B will be permanently unavailable.

Has anyone else seen this? Suggestions?

Cheers, Philipp