[Asterisk-Users] iax configuration

mukta vasudeva reachtomukta at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 17 00:39:43 MST 2003

Hi,
Thankx for the promt reply..was out of town,will get back to u with more.
mukta

From: Michael Van Donselaar
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] iax configuration
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:06:02 -0600

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:36:25 +0000 (GMT), mukta vasudeva
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have configured 3 users in my iax.conf, i am using iaxcomm phones. =
Iaxcomm has excellent voice quality although there is no ringing =
tones(either ring back or ringing tone),but i can live without right now.

Check the website this weekend. We've just added ringback and ringtone.

>I find that for each user i want registered i have to add his name and =
his ip address.I have been using "host =3D dynamic".Isnt there any way =
that i can define a dialmap such as _7XXX and all users can then be =
registered with the server and get allocated the their individual numbers=
by the server.(till now i define the numbers with callerid field). i =
need to do this so that i can add 15+ users without having to add each =
individually.
>what would be the entry inthe iax.conf for this?
>something like:

>[_7XX]
>type=3Dfriend
>host=3Ddynamic
>auth=3Dplaintext
>secret=3Dbla /*all phoens would have the same usrname & passwrd=
=20

I don't _think_ you can use wildcards in iax.conf like that. I think =
you'll
have to make all fifteen entries.

>and in extensions.conf, i would just have to use something like the =
following:
>exten =3D> _7XX,1,Dial(IAX/_7XX/s,100,r)

You want to use ${EXTEN} in the dial string. I use

exten =3D> _2XX,1,Playback(loligo/pls-wait-connect-call) =20
exten =3D> _2XX,2,Dial(IAX2/${IAXINFO}/${EXTEN})

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.