[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring

Gonzalo Servat gs at webtastic.com.au
Sun Nov 16 21:57:24 MST 2003

Hi All,

I was wondering what the status of distinctive ring support in Asterisk
is? I had a google search & read and Mark Spencer wrote some support for
it.

Is distinctive ring different in every country or is it pretty standard?

And for my final question, does the Wildcard FXO card support
distinctive ring?

Essentially what I'm trying to do is route incoming calls with ring #1
to, say, 2 SIP clients and incoming calls with ring #2 to 1 SIP client,
but somehow label incoming calls so the SIP client knows whether the
call was for ring #1 or ring #2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gonzalo