[Asterisk-Users] Dial Plan Sequencing

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 16 07:46:44 MST 2003

> But this doesn't work!  As soon as we pass a number into the context,
> it matches successfully against _., and we get our sorry-no-match
> recording and the line hangs up.  Here's how we force the ordering by
> using "include" to regulate order of matching:

Thanks John, that's a great explanation!

I do have another question regarding '.' matching and 'live' DTMF, such as
me trying to do this:

exten => _.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@someplace)

If I am dialing with a Bt101 or something that sends all the digits in a
single packet, it works great.  It fails miserably, however, if I'm dialing
from a phone on an FXS port, or if I'm trying to do this on an answered
call.

I've tried experimenting with digit timeouts but that's not the solution...
It'd be nice to have a "number timeout" where . would capture any number of
digits within that timeout (or up to a # digit or something) ...

Am I just not seeing the forest for the trees, or is this currently not
possible?  It's a royal pain in the ass to say something like _XXXXX,
_XXXXXXX, _XXXXXXXX, _XXXXXXXX and so on...

Regards,
Andrew