[Asterisk-Users] Bad echo on outgoing calls

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 16 07:25:29 MST 2003

> Also on the budgetone phone calls to other sip phones sounds like a
> robot and is very choppy on outgoing calls.

What codec?  What kind of network topology? How loaded is your LAN or WAN
connection?  I have zero problems with over-internet BT101 to BT101
connections, as well as BT101 to Packet8 and other SIP providers.

Don't be so quick to blame the hardware; these devices are everywhere and
you would think that a problem as serious as you are describing would cause
a problem in selling these devices.

Regards,
Andrew