[Asterisk-Users] Bad echo on outgoing calls

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 16 07:22:22 MST 2003

> The X100P cards have horrible echo problems. I've heard talk about this
> being fixed, but havent seen anything done about it.

Depends on the installation; I have a half dozen of these cards with very
very little echo problem.  You might want to reverse tip and ring in your
install and see if that helps; I have heard that reversed T&R can really
screw up echo cancellation.

Also note that more echo cancel doesn't necessarily mean better echo cancel.
I have echocancel=32 in my zapata.conf and it's far better than 'yes' and
higher numbers.

When going from my TDM400P to my X101P I seem to have had better luck with
"echocancelwhenbridged=yes" -- you didn't mention whether you are going
between two analogue interfaces or not.

Regards,
Andrew