[Asterisk-Users] Manual Rindown

Paul Wasik pwasik at optonline.net
Sat Nov 15 16:14:51 MST 2003

Don,

Thanks for the info. Is this configuration for an "Autoringdown ARD" or a
true "Manual Ringdown MRD"? An ARD being a hotline that when you go off hook
it autodials another preset extension and an MRD being a virtual private
line that is always connected between two endpoints.

I'm not sure if it is doable with Asterisk but in the financial trading
world they use these manual ringdowns aka "hoot and holler" and also called
"shoutdowns" and they like to be able to signal the far end even if the far
end is "off-hook" in order to get their attention.

Thanks,

Paul