[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 causing Asterisk Freeze?

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Nov 14 15:23:03 MST 2003

Hello,

I am currently using MusicOnHold(mpg123), and it works just fine, but every
once in a while I will get a flurry of warnings in the CLI like those below
and Asterisk will freeze completely, and the only way to come out of it is
with a kill -9 . Is mpg123 causing my problem? Is there a specific format of
MP3 that should be used/avoided to not have errors like these? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MATT---

ERRORS:

Skipped RIFF header!
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on Zap/4-1
Junk at the beginning 52494646
Skipped RIFF header!
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
    -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/4-1
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Junk at the beginning 49443303