[Asterisk-Users] chan_zap won't load after CVS update

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Fri Nov 14 13:47:52 MST 2003

I've just finished updating my Asterisk to the CVS version.
 Unfortunately, chan_zap won't load anymore.

The hardware has not changed and the config files have not changed.  I
can re-install the two packages back and forth.  The old one will still
work.  The new one won't.  I tried updating to a brand-new zaptel and
wcfxo modules, with no difference.  This has got to be the most
frustrating thing about dealing with Asterisk.  This is also the same
error I get trying to get the FXS cards to work (I have never succeeded).

There must be something else in the Makefile or configuration files.  Is
there anything different regarding zap interfaces in the config files
since maybe 3 months ago?

The other differences I noticed were the modules chan_alsa.so,
chan_oss.so (which didn't appear to be there before, or maybe in a
different order), and a new requirement for libpri.so

Same error message:

[chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
DEBUG[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 1043 (update_conf): Updated
conferencing on 1, with 0 conference users
ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 5287 (mkintf): Unable to get span
status: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6838 (load_module): Unable to
register channel '1'
WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 305 (ast_load_resource):
chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 400 (load_modules): Loading module
chan_zap.so failed!

zapata.conf:
[channels]
echocancelwhenbridged=yes