[Asterisk-Users] iax configuration

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Fri Nov 14 09:06:02 MST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:36:25 +0000 (GMT), mukta vasudeva
<reachtomukta at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have configured 3 users in my iax.conf, i am using iaxcomm phones. Iaxcomm has excellent voice quality although there is no ringing tones(either ring back or ringing tone),but i can live without right now.

Check the website this weekend.  We've just added ringback and ringtone.

>I find that for each user i want registered i have to add his name and his ip address.I have been using "host = dynamic".Isnt there any way that i can define a dialmap such as _7XXX and all users can then be registered with the server and get allocated the their individual numbers by the server.(till now i define the numbers with callerid field). i need to do this so that i can add 15+ users without having to add each individually.
>what would be the entry inthe iax.conf for this?
>something like:

>[_7XX]
>type=friend
>host=dynamic
>auth=plaintext
>secret=bla          /*all phoens would have the same usrname & passwrd

I don't _think_ you can use wildcards in iax.conf like that.  I think you'll
have to make all fifteen entries.

>and in extensions.conf, i would just have to use something like the following:
>exten => _7XX,1,Dial(IAX/_7XX/s,100,r)

You want to use ${EXTEN} in the dial string.  I use

exten => _2XX,1,Playback(loligo/pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => _2XX,2,Dial(IAX2/${IAXINFO}/${EXTEN})