[Asterisk-Users] Re: I hate to do this but..

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Thu Nov 13 12:48:54 MST 2003

>Freddi Hansen wrote:
>
>>> I'm afraid I would consider using these cards instead of the Digium ones
>>> otherwise for two reasons:
>>>
>>> 1) Worldwide certification and approval
>>> 2) Worldwide protocol support.
>>

>October 02, 2003
>
>Extra...Extra...Read all about it. Digium wants the whole world to know
>that the quad span T1/E1/PRI card, the TE410P, has passed Telecom FCC,
>Euro, and Australian certifications. This milestone in our hardware
>development gives the TE410P a significant boost for deploying
>applications worldwide and allows it to compete with similar cards in
>the market. We passed the rigorous certifications last week and the
>paperwork must be completed to make it official, but the hard work is
>done and we are excited to announce this great news to our customers.
>EMC testing is next.
>

>Jeremy McNamara

Hi Jeremy,
I can see that name and comments doesn't match after your cut of the
posting.
We are using the TE410P but what I was writing is that we are NOT
considering to replace the TE410P
with boards from Aculab, we are replacing Aculab boards with Digium
boards BUT we would need more
Digium boards IF we could use both Digium and Aculab cards in the same
server. The reason being that
TE410P doesn't support SS7-ISUP so we continue using only Aculab cards
in the servers that must support
SS7/ISUP.
Freddi.