[Asterisk-Users] box for asterisk

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Nov 13 12:25:52 MST 2003

Steve Bradwell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are looking at creating our first asterisk box, what type of server
> requirements do we need to keep in mind? Is there any preferred server
> that is used for asterisk? How processor intensive is asterisk? And what
> is the requirements for the sound card?

I was just about to send a mail like this to the list, even though I'm a
fairly longtime user of asterisk.

What I would like to ask is slightly different, along these lines: for a
SOHO type situation, if those of you on the list with lots of asterisk
experience were to be able to choose "the ideal hardware platform" to
put a TDM/X100P card (or two?) in, what would you use?

I'm thinking about such things as plenty of PCI slots, nice behavior wrt
interrupt handling, CPU speed, etc.

I have gotten several requests from potential users along this line, and
would love to spec out a few boxes that would represent "state of the art."

Thanks.

B.