[Asterisk-Users] I hate to do this but..

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Thu Nov 13 07:33:06 MST 2003

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:19:59 -0500
From: Jeremy McNamara <jj at nufone.net>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] I hate to do this but..

Josh Roberson wrote:

>>Has any advancement taken place in this?  Has someone developed a
>>working channel driver for this product?  I have one, and would like to
>>see if it would be a possibility to get working...
>>

>Flebay it and use the proceeds to support Digium by purchasing Zaptel
>hardware.  http://www.digium.com/
>

>Jeremy McNamara

Hi ,
I hope that you aren't to quick to ditch  aculab project.  I dont see
Aculab as an competitor to
Digium at all. Their cards does cost about 3 times as much as the TE410
that I use now.
Why would anyone even consider using these cards then ?. I have myself
been using them for
10+ years so I have a bit of experience with their cards. If it was
possible to use an Aculab card
and a TE410 in the same server then we would be able to dump the last of
our old servers and replace
them with '*' servers. The reason that we use the Aculab cards is
because of their C7/SS7 ISUP support
which is a 'must' in several of our installations. In addition to this
they do support a large number of legacy
R2 protocol and they do carry PTT approvals for using these protocols in
almost any country.

I think that the card they have with  4 E1's / H323 and ethernet could
be considered just as a MG seen from the '*'
side and that might be the most easy way to go if you dont want go all
the way and make a channel driver.
My 1c on that issue.
Freddi