[Asterisk-Users] "488 not acceptable here" message

Robert.J.TESCH at odot.state.or.us Robert.J.TESCH at odot.state.or.us
Wed Nov 12 14:32:00 MST 2003

I'm creating a test environment for Asterisk.  I have Asterisk running on a
PC with only a NIC card, No FXO, FXS, TDM cards.  I have two Cisco 7960
phones setup for SIP.  Within Asterisk, the SIP SHOW PEERS, shows the
phones.  They don't appear under SIP SHOW REGISTRY.  When I call phone 2
from phone 1, I get a message stating it is from Phone 2, stating, Got SIP
Response 488 "Not Acceptable Here" back from 167.131.14.26.  Can someone
point me in the direction to look for the trouble?