[Asterisk-Users] Re: Text entry by DTMF

Tom Shoval shoval at softov.co.il
Wed Nov 12 06:13:37 MST 2003

A phone system providing this kind of directory service usually asks for the
first three letters of the person's last name.

So, if you wanted to call me and didn't know my extension, you'd press 6 for
directory. Then you'll press 746 (for S H O - the beginning of my last name)
And the software will direct you to my extension.

Now if there was a Joe Pinkovski working here as well, then the software
should ask you if you want to be connected to him or to Tom Shoval
(preferably in alphabetical order).