[Asterisk-Users] OT: Document Control System?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Nov 12 01:12:28 MST 2003

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> Are you trolling here, or are you just clueless about the people who
> will be helping contribute to your documentation? I'm sure I am not the
> only one here that goes weeks on end without touching windows. Screw
> Word and its largely bloated file formats.

Hear hear!!

I have one Windows system out of the several dozen I operate, and that
is only because companies who know no differently make their
config/maintenance programs only available on that platform.

I spent about 3.5 hours tonight on Win98 trying to install a driver for
a wireless card.  It was everything I could do to keep from throwing the
damn thing through the window (pun intended) as I realized that an
incorrect driver installed 2.42 eons ago, long since "removed" from the
system, still had its .inf file squirreled away somewhere, and so there
ensued a seemingly-infinite series of "change setup, reboot" until I
finally figured out where the mystery driver was coming from.

I haven't had any use for Micro$oft since they stole MS-DOS from the
people who developed DOS68 down in Texas, back in the early 80s (late
70s?).  Their business since has consisted of nothing more than stealing
the successful ideas of their competitors, then "embracing and extending
" them into maddening complexity within their bloated, hyperexpensive,
insecure, buggy excuse for an OS.

Sorry folks.  I'm easy to get set off on this topic.  One of the reasons
I love asterisk.

B.