[Asterisk-Users] FWD codecs?

Kevin Bockman kbockml at techemail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:39:07 MST 2003

--- James H.Cloos Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:
>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Bockman <kbockml at techemail.com> writes:

Kevin> Hi.  There is not much info on the FWD site about this.
Kevin> What codecs do they use?

>FWD only supports G711.  (a-law or µ-law).  Jeff's prior experiences
>trying to support low-bandwidth codecs has convinced him that only
>711 over broadband (or equiv) has any chance of being supportable
>and Just Working.
>
>-JimC

Oh. I see.  Starts to make sense now.  I was dialing through the console when I got it to work.  I was trying to dial through Gnophone via IAX to Asterisk then SIP to FWD so I bet it's trying to force GSM which FWD doesn't allow.  Makes sense now.  I'll try to dial through the console again and through SJPhone -> Asterisk -> FWD.  I haven't gotten that far yet.

Thanks,

Kevin