[Asterisk-Users] Zombie lines.

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Tue Nov 11 11:49:08 MST 2003

I have asked something similar but have never really gotten a way to fix this! I really need to get this fixed or I might have to pull Asterisk out! And I do not want to do this!

We use allot of Anolog phones the Aastra 452 which used to be USWEST and nortel phones before.  These phone are bad not and should not be used with Asterisk system.  But since I work for a company that does not want to change things much less buy new equipment I will have to live with these crappy phones!  Now the main problem I have is transfering calls!  Since we have to use the flash to transfer we are able to send the call to the proper extension.  But what happens is that asterisk thinks it starts a threeway call.  And when they hang up the phone it will send the port it's on into Zombie.  This would not be a problem if we were able to just soft hangup Zap/52-1 like normal.  Once the port is in Zombie the only way is to shut down Asterisk and restart it.  Now here is the problem we are always working and using the phones!  So I can not just put the system down and then back up!  This is a real world system!

I need help to fix this problem.  It is getting really bad!  Since this happens to the receptionist phone I have set up a 2nd group that the next call will go to! It's also happenning to that phone!  Now I have 2 lines Zombie!  I was told to use Gastman.  But this program will not run under Windows 2000 pro!  I do not and will not be using XP in our office!  And I do not have a Linux box with xwindows to use this with either!  Someone asked if there is something that will hold us back from putting Asterisk in the real world.  Well here is one really big one!