[Asterisk-Users] IAX/IAX2 encryption?

Brian D Heaton bdheaton at c4i2.com
Tue Nov 11 10:54:51 MST 2003

Mark,

	Would it be within scope to request an Ibutton interface on the IAXy?
This might be a good way to both ID the user and store key variables.
There is a site at -- http://www.ibutton.com/ -- that provides a gateway
into all the Ibutton devices, protocols, etc.

	The DS1996L with 64Kb of NV RAM would appear well suited to holding
user data and crypto keys.  The available fobs --
http://www.ibutton.com/ibuttons/hardware.html -- could be easily
attached to a keyring and are extremely rugged.  The 9092 --
http://www.ibutton.com/ibuttons/blue_dot.html -- series readers would
probably be the easiest to integrate into the hardware.

	I'm thinking of an application where all the identifying information is
stored on the Ibutton.  When the user sits down at a station he inserts
his Ibutton into the reader and the phone is instantly configured with
his phone number, feature mapping, crypto keys, etc.

			THX/BDH

PS - Did you get the FS1016 CODEC stuff I sent you and does it look
doable??