[Asterisk-Users] dialing 8 in VM2 causes channel lockup?

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Tue Nov 11 09:23:09 MST 2003

Hi guys,

I'm running Asterisk-0.5.0 and accidentally stumbled on this problem
while in the VoicemailMain2 application:

If you login to it, or even if you call it w/ 's<extension>' to skip the
login and press an '8' near the beginning (and possibly at any point,
I'm not sure), the channel seems to lockup, even if the handset is
hungup, the channel remains frozen in that state in the VoicemailMain2
app.  The only way I can discover to fix the problem is to completely
restart Asterisk, and even that doesn't happen immediately--it seems to
take a minute or so.

I took a look at the archives and googled, but didn't see any mention of
this problem.  Also, it doesn't seem to happen in VoicemailMain.

Anyone run across this?  Can anyone duplicate the problem?

Thanks,

jl