[Asterisk-Users] ISDN (isdn4linux) DDI

Michal Rybarik asterisk at 21.sk
Mon Nov 10 15:45:19 MST 2003

Hello all,

does anybody have experiences with DDI on ISDN BRI? I would like to
order DDI with 10 or 100 numbers from telco company, and use DDI
numbers for direct calling SIP/H323 clients. But I don't know if
Asterisk supports it, in archive I found only one answer about it, and
I'm not sure. I am going to use it with isdn4linux card.

Maybe DDI is called differently in other countries, I'll explain -
normally customer gets a few (3 or 8 in Slovakia) MSNs for his ISDN
BRI line, for example 7895601 (-03). With DDI 100, customer gets
number for example 78956xx and he can assign two digits (100
extensions) as he wants. Telco equipment must be configured to support
DDI, otherwise it will not possible to make or recieve calls. PBXs
generally supports it, telephones not.

Thanks a lot,

--
Michal Rybarik