[Asterisk-Users] Menu's & Sub-Menu's

David J Carter david.carter at codepipe.com
Mon Nov 10 14:28:22 MST 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to get a Menu system to work, and having probs with the internal
extensions from the prompts.

Below is the extensions.conf section.

[mainmenu]
;
;"main menu" context with submenu
;
include => default
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(hello)
exten => s,3,Background(thank_you)
exten => s,4,Background(if_you_know_extension)
exten => s,5,Background(the_party_you_are_calling)
exten => s,6,Background(pls_enter_now)
exten => s,7,Wait,t,2
exten => s,8,Goto(options,s,1)
;
[options]
;
exten => s,1,Background(double_glazing)
exten => s,2,SayDigits(444)
exten => s,3,Background(now)
exten => s,4,Background(kitchen_sales)
exten => s,5,SayDigits(555)
exten => s,6,Background(now)
exten => s,7,Background(insurance_sales)
exten => s,8,SayDigits(666)
exten => s,9,Background(now)
;
exten => 444,1,Goto(glazing,s,1)
exten => 444,2,Hangup
;
exten => 555,1,Goto(kitchen,s,1)
exten => 555,2,Hangup
;
exten => 666,1,Goto(insurance,s,1)
exten => 666,2,Hangup
;
[glazing]
exten => s,1,Background(glazing_thanks)
exten => s,2,MusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,Background(sorry_for_delay)
exten => s,4,Goto(s,2)
exten => s,5,Hangup
;
[kitchens]
exten => s,1,Background(kitchen_thanks)
exten => s,2,MusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,Background(sorry_for_delay)
exten => s,4,Goto(s,2)
exten => s,5,Hangup
;
[insurance]
exten => s,1,Background(insurance_thanks)
exten => s,2,MusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,Background(sorry_for_delay)
exten => s,4,Goto(s,2)
exten => s,5,Hangup

if I enter an internal extension (range = 7001 to 7015) then the line hangs
up the call.

I have just added the [options] section, before it went straight through
from s,1 to s,16 and would allow an internal extension to be dialled after
s,16.
I could/can dial the 444, 555, 666 at any time in the [options] section and
the call passes to the correct sub-option.

Any help appreciated.

Dave