[Asterisk-Users] Periodic crash - avoid this syntax...

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Nov 10 12:36:03 MST 2003

I have a machine that crashes every so often. I believe the following macro
is responsible (gotoif,$[${ARG3}] in particular). The macro works as
expected: if ARG3 is defined - hop over assignment. But my hunch is that it
gradually chews up memory.

; This macro is puts voicemail in an alternate mailbox (if ARG3 defined -
 otherwise Mailbox matches extension).
[macro-stdexten]
exten => s,1,gotoif,$[${ARG3}]?s|3:s|2
exten => s,2,SetVar,"ARG3=${MACRO_EXTEN}"
exten => s,3,Dial(Zap/${ARG1},${ARG2})
exten => s,4,Voicemail2,u${ARG3}
exten => s,5,Goto(default,s,2)
exten => s,104,Voicemail2,b${ARG3}
exten => s,105,Goto(default,s,2)

If ARG3 undefined the following message is generated in the message file...

Nov 10 09:43:48 WARNING[1217602880]: File ast_expr.y, Line 346
(ast_yyerror): ast_yyerror(): syntax error: parse error

I'm investigating this now. Is gdb the best (or easiest) tool for analyzing
dumps?

John

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.