[Asterisk-Users] ISDN TBCT....

Gavin Hollinger digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Mon Nov 10 12:00:35 MST 2003

TBCT (Two B Channel Transfer) would drastically reduce b-channel load in
some applications.  Great for find me follow me Unified communicator type
services.  Incoming calls answered on your cell phone etc.  I am very
uneducated on this feature.  How could I find out more about it?  Does
anyone have an example of this?  Does it work with Nortel?  Per Intel: "this
feature is supported for the 5ESS and 4ESS protocols only"

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/releases/unix51/linux51/SR5.1_Linu
x/Onldoc/html_files/gcisdn/appxis23.htm

Network Facility Request - Two B Channel Transfer (TBCT) (Synchronous Mode)
TBCT enables an ISDN PRI user to request the switch to connect together two
independent calls on the user's interface. The two calls can be served by
the same PRI trunk or by different PRI trunks. If the switch accepts the
request, the user is released from the calls and the two calls are connected
directly. Billing for the two original calls continues in the same manner as
if the transfer had not occurred. As an option, TBCT also allows for
transfer notification to the transferred users.

TBCT works only when all of the following conditions are met:

The user subscribes to TBCT (this feature is supported for the 5ESS and 4ESS
protocols only).

The two calls are of compatible bearer capabilities.

At least one of the two calls is answered. If the other call is outgoing
from the user, it may be either answered or alerting; if the other call is
incoming to the user, it must be answered.