[Asterisk-Users] Apple implementation

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 10 11:33:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Dave Weis wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Charles Hatchette wrote:
> > I am new to Asterisk and Digium card implementation issues. My VAR is
> > strongly recommending using Apple hardware and Yellow Dog Linux for my
> > telephony project, because of his familiarity with this OS. Is the PowerPC
> > an appropriate and stable hardware platform for Digium/Asterisk development?
>
> I don't know if the drivers for the cards have been tested on ppc
> machines.

* is running fine on an iBook G3/600 (Debian GNU/Linux) here.
Hardware may be a problem, though.
At least Digium's USB FXS adapter is working here, even though the driver
used to have some "intel only" days. (ie. it would not compile on PPC, due
to some hard-wired MMX stuff, but that was fixed in CVS after a few days.)

I guess the other Digium hardware should work just as well.

Many other vendors require binary-only (and therefore x86 only) firmware
upload tools, though.

HTH,
	Siggi