[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk timing

Brian J. Schrock brians at anistonetech.com
Mon Nov 10 08:47:38 MST 2003

Hello,

Almost agree. I have fixed one or two problems by swapping motherboards. But changing to APIC alone will not do it, you also have to enable those IRQ's for APIC. If you don't it won't use it. You can double check this by "cat /proc/interrupts" and it will still say XT-PIC next to all of the IRQ's.

Besides, what kind of solution is that. This problem seems to be rather common, and hit or miss strategies are absolutley not solutions. Further, if these boards are so intolerant to shared IRQ's how come I can't force the driver to use a particular IRQ? I have spent countless hours recently trying to get these boards to be on their own IRQ. I set it in the BIOS to force particular slots to be at an IRQ and when I load the driver it automatically will start sharing with another device not using the IRQ I set in the BIOS. This occurs even when their are plenty of IRQ's available!

The right solution is to figure out how we can document these odd ball cases and start to look at what they have in common. Does anyone have any suggestions, I currently do not know a whole heck of a lot about the Zaptel development. But if someone here is interested in starting to solve these problems I would be more than willing to work with them.

These issues are on my last nerve!