[Asterisk-Users] MP3Player problem

Areski areski at e-group.org
Mon Nov 10 05:32:07 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 20:27, Ernest W. Lessenger wrote:
> At 09:20 AM 11/7/2003, you wrote:
> >I though to it also, but really I don't know how can I get the pid of a
> >process ran by asterisk.
> >
> >I mean, the only think I do it's :print "EXEC MP3Player \"$key\"\n";
> >Then asterisk take the hand with mp3player applications that will launch
> >mpg123, etc...
>
> You're right, I thought you were using EAGI...
Well, I can use EAGI, but I still don't know how to get the pid in this
script... zup =(

> That app seems to work fine for me. MPG123 does seem to be giving asterisk
> trouble, generally. I tried a few different changes, but nothing resulted
> in a fix. Is MPG123 maybe not responding to a SIGKILL properly?
It doesn't seem, I use to kill the process manually after the test and
it's working (kill -9 pid)

When asterisk run mpg123, there is two process running (one is forked
probably), it seem that one is well killed by asterisk and the other one
is getting crazy when the other die, in fact it start to take a lot of
cpu load... I m starting to think that the problem is coming from
mpg123!

Thx for u help,
Aresk