[Asterisk-Users] Multi phone presentation

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Sun Nov 9 14:50:06 MST 2003

<quote who="costas">
> Does anyone have sample * configuration on how I can get an incoming call
> to ring all SIP phones (small setup, say 4 phones) at the same time.
>
> 1) I would like to pickup up any phone and the ringing should stop (of
> course)

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/set1&SIP/set2&SIP/set3&SIP/set4,t)

> 2) Put on hold and pick up on a different phone set.

Since each set is a completely seperate extension (Not sharing the
same line), you must park the call, then pick up the parked call from
the other extension.  Or you can blind transfer the call to the other
extension, but that my confuse callers, as they will get ringing again
as the transfer rings the other extension.

> Do I need special phone features to achieve this? E.g. would the
> Grandstream 100 do it?

To use the grandstream, you need the "#" for transfer feature turned on
in the dial statement.  Then you can use the # key to transfer the call
to "park" and be able to hear the number of the parking slot the call is
assigned to.

--
END OF LINE