[Asterisk-Users] Call Rate in CDR

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Nov 8 14:37:13 MST 2003

I personally think the "right" place to deal with billing is in your
billing application.  Your billing application should know about special
rates for different customers, time of day rates, destination rates,
etc.  There is already enough information in the CDR to know which
provider you are going thru.  i.e. fields 6 and 8 in the CDR logs.

These are Call Detail Record logs, not Call Billing Logs. 8-)

If your billing application can't handle this, it should be pretty easy
to build a small preprocessing application for the log files.

Why invent something new when you can reuse existing tools to do all or
most of the job?