[Asterisk-Users] configuring DID trunks

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Nov 7 16:29:32 MST 2003

Success at last!!! See below for details.

On Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:16 PM, Steven Critchfield
[SMTP:critch at basesys.com] wrote:
> You need to have an exten entry that matches the number of digits the
> telco is sending. You should be able to see this vrom the CLI with a
> couple of verbose flags.
>
> When we had a E&M wink T1, the telco sent 4 digits of the phone
> number,
> This meant our exten line looked like;
> exten => 9004,1,answer
>
> Now we have a PRI with full 10 digits passed and have the following
> exten entry;
>
> exten => 6152389004,1,answer

After much more investigation, I found another thing that needs to be
set.

The symptoms that I had was that I did not receive any digits from the
telco. The telco is sending them out dtmf. (I know they are being sent
because the telco technician had an audio monitor on the trunk and we
could hear the dtmf). However, asterisk never sees any digits, though
it does wink and answer the line. Asterisk then uses the 's' state from
extensions.conf.

1. In zapata.conf immediate=no is needed. If immediate=yes then the
line will be answered and the extension determined before the telco has
time to send the digits.

Here are portions of my config files:

zaptel.conf
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,1,2,esf,b8zs
# span 2 is my telco span.
fxsks=1-8
fxoks=9-24
e&m=25-28
# set up the first 4 trunks for DID
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

zapata.conf
context = coDID
group=3
callerid = "DID trunk <555-1212>"
signalling=em_w
channel=> 25-28

extensions.conf
[coDID]
exten => 5551200,1,Answer
exten => 5551200,2,Wait,1
exten => 5551200,3,BackGround(HU-welcome)

exten => 5551212,1,Answer
exten => 5551212,2,Dial(Zap/10,18)
exten => 5551212,3,Voicemail2,us212
exten => 5551212,103,Voicemail2,b212