[Asterisk-Users] Modem as a FXO

Mathew Frank mathewfrank at qushi.com
Fri Nov 7 16:24:49 MST 2003

> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 11:43, Alexandru Coseru wrote:
> > Can I use a modem and a soundcard as an fxo ?
> >
> > I've read in the documentation something , but how can I do that ?
> >

> NO YOU CAN'T. Read the archives, it isn't implemented. Read the flame
> wars to see why it most likely will never be implemented.
> --
> Steven Critchfield  <critch at basesys.com>

Flame wars, Steven?   I don`t quite remember it getting so violent, but then
maybe I slept through some of it ;-)
Sound Card and Modem, though?   Pain in the BUTT!  (need to highlight, here,
that I used to think this was a good idea, too)  Anything is possible, if
you have the will, but that doesn`t always make it a good idea.

Cheers,
Mathew