[Asterisk-Users] this is the code that breaks outgoing calls on grandstream

jrhopper at pasty.com jrhopper at pasty.com
Fri Nov 7 11:31:17 MST 2003

The broken code sends audio directly to the NAT address. For instance:

When I place a call from the grandstream to * with the broken code
* sees the grandstream.
* according to tcpdump, sends a bunch of UDP (audio?) directly to the PRIVATE IP (192.168.0.100) of the grandstream even though it is on the other side of the internet and blocked by our border routers.

The code I commented out in the awful patch that I too hastily submitted last night.
Fixed calls from grandstream to *
Broke calls from * to grandstream in the same way they had been broken on incoming.

Attached is my sip_debug session for a failed call from my grandstream (192.168.0.100) through my cable modem (12.210.107.234) to my asterisk box (198.70.xx.xxx).

Jon

Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com> wrote ..