[Asterisk-Users] Differents config files

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 7 11:19:19 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 11:57, Mireia Munoz de jesus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to know well asterisk. For that I would like to know the exact role
> for each config file. Can someone tell me what is the role of the next ones or
> a web where I could find this information? That will be very helpful.
>
> - alsa.conf

Advance Linux Sound Arch. --- Drivers for soundcards.

> - enum.conf

Enum is the DNS like way to look up phone numbers for VoIP..

> - modem.conf

For configureing I4L, don't bother any other modem ideas in here.

> - modules.conf

Lets asterisk know what modules to load or not.

> - oss.conf: what is oss?

Open Sound System. Original sound drivers of linux.

> - parking.conf: what is parking?

Basically a way to put callers on hold so others can pick them up.

> - rpt.conf: what is radio repeter?

I'm fine how are you, over...

> - queues.conf

Call distribution, allows many operators work on a queue of calls.

> - skinny.conf

The cisco skinny VoIP protocol.

> - voip.conf

I don't have that one.