[Asterisk-Users] Strange Problem with Asterisk....

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Thu Nov 6 21:27:53 MST 2003

Wondered if anybody might have some ideas about what could be causing
this....

I have a T100p hooked up to an Adit 600 with 12 channels of voice off of a
T-1 coming in.
I have a t100p connected to a zhone z-plex with 24 fxs going to my stations.

Some of the station are 2 line phones. These have 2 zap channels that are
dialed when the extension is matched.
Also, some extension require ringing 2 phones at the same time. For example
the boss wants his assistants phone to ring also when someone calls him.

Then the calls roll to a receptionist if not answered.
Finally the call goes to voicemail

This has been working fine for weeks now, but today the customer told me
that one of the phones configured this way was hearing 3 to 4 other
conversations on their phone.  The phone did not give dialtone, but in
picking up the handset you could hear someone shuffling paper working at
their desk etc.  When certain other extensions were on calls, you could hear
clearly the person they were connected to, but not the person in the office.
I checked all the wiring and couldn't find any problem.  I rebooted the
channelbank thinking maybe somehow it had gotten screwy.  No change.  Then,
just for grins, I stopped and restarted *.  Voila, the problem was gone.

Can anyone think of a scenario that could cause * to do this?

Thanks,
Andy