[Asterisk-Users] Analog lines

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 6 21:09:44 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 21:40, Larry Black wrote:
> What is the best way to bring in analog lines into the system I have
> seen the Wildcard X100P but I need to bring in 5 lines and have several
> extensions is there not a multi Analog line card available.

At this point, you have to go to a multiplexor(channel bank).

Adtran seems to have their ports split out into 4 ports per card. So you
can mix and match in multiples of 4 lines each up to 24 channels in some
of their chassis.

Carrier Access has 2 types of chassis. The ADIT 600 chassis allows you
to mix and match in multiples of 8 channels per card. The Access Bank
Chassis are interesting because they have 12 channel cards, but are
either all FXO, all FXS or a mix of 8 FXS and 4 FXO.