[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking on one side only.

Brian Schrock brians at anistonetech.com
Thu Nov 6 20:41:15 MST 2003

Hello,

I have searched google, read everything on the mailing list, read
/usr/src/asterisk/README.iax and /usr/src/asterisk/doc/iax.txt(?), asked on
the IRC channel and I cannot figure out what is wrong with my IAX2 trunk.

Only asterisk2 of an <ASTERISK1>--LAN--<ASTERISK2>--PSTN will use IAX2
trunking. If I do an "iax2 show trunk" on asterisk1 it says 0 calls on trunk
to asterisk 2 (show channels does show the calls). If I do "iax2 show trunk"
on asterisk2 it says 7 calls on trunk to asterisk1. I am using GSM and when
I look at the traffic using iptraf with 7 calls active from asterisk1
(analog phones TDM400P) to ASTERISK2 Milliwatt() I see asterisk1 transmiting
at a little more than 30k above what asterisk2 is transmitting. I have tried
peer/friend, notransfer(?),registration/no registration and nothing about
the trunking issue changes. Here is my config, some please tell me what I am
doing wrong.

<ASTERISK1>

iax.conf
[anistone]
type=peer (friend/peer)
host=172.16.1.5 (with and without this statement)
secret=test2
context=local2 (with and without this statement)
trunk=yes

extensions.conf
exten => 61,1,Dial(IAX2/gateway:test at 172.16.1.5/60 at anistone)

<ASTERISK2>

iax.conf
[gateway] (I have tried it with this also named anistone)
type=peer (friend/peer)
host=172.16.1.232 (I have tried it with and without this statement)
secret=test
context=anistone (with and without this statement)
trunk=yes

extensions.conf
exten => 60,1,Milliwatt()

Brian J. Schrock