[Asterisk-Users] Dialing an outside number -- QUESTION --

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 6 18:06:38 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:45, Steve Murphy wrote:
> I wrote up the following:
>
> [outwork]
> ignorepat => 9
> exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
> exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/2/BYEXTENSION
> exten => _9754XXXX,1,StripMSD,1
> exten => _754XXXX,2,Dial,Zap/2/BYEXTENSION
> exten =>_9NXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
> exten =>_NXXXXXX,2,Prefix,1307
> exten => _1307NXXXXXX,3,Dial,Zap/2/BYEXTENSION

> Checked the documentation for dial and stripmsd, and none of the
> examples cover anything more complicated than a single pattern.

This isn't too complicated, I think you are inadvertently making it so.

> What am I missing?

Lets see if I can make this simpler for you.

[outwork]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9754XXXX,1,Dial(Zap/2/${EXTEN})

exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/2/1307${EXTEN:1})

exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/2/${EXTEN})

This assumes you place stripmsd=1 in the /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file
near your channel 2 definition.

Quick explanations as to why this is preferred.

First by not having any extension entries that are ambiguous to your
normal extensions in the office is desirable. This is what I suspect
caused your timeout problems before.

Second, the fewer rules you have in place the fewer places to run into
problems.

Hope this helps.