[Asterisk-Users] archives gsm of asterisk ???

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 6 16:46:25 MST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 17:30, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Thursday 06 November 2003 13:21, Shoval Tom wrote:
> > It's not MY dns, it's our ISPs one.
> > And as I've wrote in an earlier thread, I get the exact same
> > error on four more ISPs (two more here, and two at the US)
>
> Well, I've also tried it on 5 different DNS servers, two of which I
> run, and I've had no trouble.  Here's a known good DNS you can put
> in your resolv.conf:  129.59.1.10 (US) or 195.20.105.149 (Europe).

And a little more investigation reveals that your ISP is caching some
very odd results:

root# host ns1.lj.net dns.inter.net.il
Using domain server:
Name: dns.inter.net.il
Address: 192.116.202.99#53
Aliases:

ns1.lj.net has address 192.168.168.3

That explains why it hasn't yet fixed its cache.  Not only does it
have the DNS for voip-info.org wrong, it has the DNS for the parent
domain wrong, as well.  And since ns1.lj.net is the only authoritative
server for lj.net, your ISP is never going to retrieve the correct
record.  Might want to forward this to your ISP and request that the
DNS cache be purged.  (I suspect that it's a technical violation of
the RFCs not to use the glue at the rootservers, but I don't feel like
looking that up right now.)

-Tilghman