FW: [Asterisk-Users] recording calls

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Thu Nov 6 13:33:39 MST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, mattf waxed:

> Sorry that got accidentally sent incompleted, here's the full post:
>
> OK, here is the long drawn out description of how I am using Zap Barge and
> Monitor:

8<'s

I record all outgoing calls using Kostya V. Ivanov's 'R'
patch to the Dial application, which was posted to the list
about a year ago.  Then I wrote a Tcl script which uses
soxmix to merge the conversations and burn them to CD every
night.

Even with 5000 calls per day, using gsm the CD isn't even
half full.  And there's plenty of room to store the past
month or two on the hard drive.  So I slapped a 'Play'
button on the customer information form in another
application.

The only down side is that employees' personal calls are
recorded, too.  But they know it's happening, and anyhow,
they should be waiting until a scheduled break when they can
use their cell phone.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May