[Asterisk-Users] configuring DID trunks

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 6 12:16:19 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 11:33, Don Pobanz wrote:
> I am trying to turn up DID trunks with our local phone company but do
> not know the correct format of extensions.conf to do this.
>
> >From extensions.conf
> [coDID]
> exten => s,1,Answer
>
> The above answers the line immediately but the telco needs a wink
> first. So, I removed this line altogether. The wink then worked as
> expected but when the telco dialed one of our DID numbers, asterisk
> replied that it was not a valid number and the message "Unknown
> extension 's' " was on my console so I guess I need the s extension.
>
> Does someone have an example of DID trunk configuration to share?

You need to have an exten entry that matches the number of digits the
telco is sending. You should be able to see this vrom the CLI with a
couple of verbose flags.

When we had a E&M wink T1, the telco sent 4 digits of the phone number,
This meant our exten line looked like;
exten => 9004,1,answer

Now we have a PRI with full 10 digits passed and have the following
exten entry;

exten => 6152389004,1,answer