[Asterisk-Users] Appending a # to the dialed number for upstream carrier.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 6 09:22:12 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:51, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> hi.
>
> try with (for example)
> (XXXX is a matched 4 digit number)
>
> exten => _XXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN}#,30,r)
>
> that should work.
> The idea is to put a # in the dial app.

While what Matteo suggest above is probably the best option, I'll throw
one more out that may be of use later on as your dialplan gets more
complex.

   -- show application Suffix  --

  -= Info about application 'Suffix' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Append trailing digits

[Description]:
  Suffix(digits): Appends the  digit  string  specified  by  digits to the
channel's associated extension. For example, the number 555 when  suffixed
with '1212' will become 5551212. This app always returns 0, and the PBX will
continue processing at the next priority for the *new* extension.
  So, for example, if priority  3  of  555 is Suffix 1212, the  next  step
executed will be priority 4 of 5551212. If  you  switch  into an  extension
which has no first step, the PBX will treat it as though the user dialed an
invalid extension.