[Asterisk-Users] USB handsets/headsets??

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu Nov 6 06:55:43 MST 2003

Hi,

> Hi Dan,
>
> I had looked at that option but it seems that the only USB bluetooth
> adapters that support the headset profile and audio gateway profile are
> the very expesive ones, by the time you have got the headset and the USB
> adapter it works out cheaper to buy a hard phone..

Take care that the specification presented on the web page is not allways
updated.
Check the latest drivers too..
For example, the MSI version is not presented as supporting Audio Gateway
profile, but it does with  the latest software.
The same with the very popular Mitsumi Dongle (just the version WIF C5xxx,
not 4xxx
If you have a 4xx one, then you can change it at Mitsunmi (DE) for free with
a new one (just a difference in fimware, but you cannot upgrade it
yourself).

> I will take a look at the MSI adapter you spoke of and see what they are
> priced like..

Check this one... it was less than 40 EURO including VAT
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/communication/cmu/pro_cmu_detail.php?UID=326&MODEL=
It works great.
The software is labeled MSI, but it is Widcomm based.

BR,
Dan