[Asterisk-Users] USB handsets/headsets??

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu Nov 6 06:01:54 MST 2003

Hi,

Try something better.
Use a Bluetooth Headset and an USB Bluetooth dongle with AudioGateway
Profile support.
Then you will have a cordless headset which can be used 10m around the PC.

I have the following combination wich works very nice with my DIAX phone.
- headset Plantronics M1000
- MSI 6967 Bluettth dongle(with the latest MSI drivers).

When a call arrives, the ring is played through PC Speaker (you can use the
soundcard for other purpose: MP3 and so on). I can click on the headset
button cu connect to DIAX, then answer the phone.

What I want to implement now is to put an auto mode in my application who
will force connection with the headset when a new call is arrived (like it
happen in a GSM bluettoth phone) and to hear the ring in the headset too.
If someone can help with this, please send me a mail directly.

A future DIAX version will permit to assign Voice (or even pictures) as
ring, so you will be able to hear/show who's calling and answer the phone
from the headset without even touching the PC.

What do you think?

Thanks and best regards,
Dan