[Asterisk-Users] recording calls

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Nov 5 16:14:41 MST 2003

Hello,

You can use ZapBarge as an extension in your dialplan to listen in on
conversations going on in Zap channels(Zaptel device channels)

As for recording you can use the Manager interface command StartMonitor to
start recording of a Zap channel and StopMonitor to stop it.

Zap channels are pretty much the only ones right now that you can directly
monitor and record through Asterisk.

If these sound like they'll work for you, you can lookup the specifics
online or ask me and I'll try to do a brief overview of them.  We are using
the Asterisk Manager functions together with a Perl/TK phone command program
to show people on our phone system who is on the phone and to record and
originate phone calls. It works rather well and uses the manager interface
to Asterisk.

MATT---