[Asterisk-Users] New Phone Review: Clipcomm 101

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Nov 5 09:57:58 MST 2003

Hello,

I have received yet another new phone today, the ClipComm 101
(http://www.clipcomm.co.kr/eng/e_product/e_product_voip_ip_phone.html)

I bought it for $165 directly from the Korean Manufacturer(No US distributer
yet). Here are the features:

- Built-in NAT functionality, you can switch from Hub to Nat, great for home
DSL/Cable users
	- This includes some limited port forwarding functionality, very
cool idea(wish GS had that)
- PSTN port included, it can be hooked up to both VOIP and a POTS line
- Full duplex Speakerphone
- large LCD display
- SIP compatible, but I could only place outgoing calls through a proxy, not
directly through Asterisk, incoming calls from any asterisk extension went
through just fine. I couldn't disable proxy and use a local server for some
reason, but it has old firmware, so maybe after I upgrade it.
- Phonebook and call log
- they have a wireless bluetooth version too(I didn't get that one though)
- 5 second reboot

Conclusion, very cool phone, wish proxy could be disabled, but this phone is
really aimed at the home market. NAT/Router functionality is a great idea,
makes NAT traversal on phones a non-issue for home users. The price is good
but no US distributor means shipping is steep($30 for mine), take a look at
the specs on their site, your be impressed what you get for the price.

MATT---