[Asterisk-Users] Using Asterisk as a VOIP gateway

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Wed Nov 5 08:01:10 MST 2003

Is it possible to use * as a VOIP gateway?

Can I connect asterisk to one of the trunks on my current PBX and on the
other side of the world connect another * to the trunk of another
regular PBX - is it possible to transfer calls from here to there?

I guess I'll need one port FXO card for each asterisk, but I can't
figure how to configure the thing.

I know I'll need to configure the regular PBX to forward certain calls
to the lines connected to asterisk (by prefix, or just have everyone
dial 8 and get a line)

Does this scenario make sense to anyone? Or am I barking up the wrong
tree?

Shoval Tomer, MCSE

IT Manager

Softov Advanced System Ltd.