[Asterisk-Users] http://www.skype.com/

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Nov 5 03:14:37 MST 2003

Philipp von Klitzing wrote:

>>http://www.skype.com/
>>seesm to be the latest craze... anyone have any knowledge of their
>>technolgy use etc ??
>

> - closed source
> - WinXP and 2k only
> - peer-2-peer, i.e. they route foreign calls through your client (and
> bandwidth) if that helps the calling parties
In one of our Swedish daily newspapers, like the national "Financial Times", one
of the owners said that they're going to sell a commercial version with PSTN
connectivity early next year.

As I understand it they must not be fully peer-to-peer even if they use your
bandwidth, there has to be media servers in their network, handling calls.
Or?

/O