[Asterisk-Users] SIP and NAT: try, try again.

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Nov 5 02:20:03 MST 2003

on the subject that seemed to be getting the most attention: #104.
There are enough clueful people here that perhaps someone can come up
with a patch that handles NAT in the elegant way that I describe in
the bugnotes, as I am but a mere integrator who has limited C skills.

In the absence of such a patch being offered, we await William
Waites' patch and disclaimer which will at least be more sufficient
than the current externip= method.

Those with an interest in the discussion of how Asterisk should
handle being put behind a NAT should direct their attention to:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000104

JT