[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarm

Timothy Costello tim at cteusa.com
Tue Nov 4 14:01:05 MST 2003

On Tuesday, Nov 4, 2003, at 13:54 America/Chicago, Brian D Heaton wrote:
<stuff deleted for brevity>
> If you can take it out of service for a bit I'd pop a loopback up using
> on the RJ45 side of the balum (baloon) and see if they can run a clean
> BERT to that for about an hour.  If you've got an intermittent problem
> you should at least take a few CRCs in that time period.
<more stuff deleted>

Just a terminology pedant (sorry in advance)...

It should be "balun" from the 2 words balanced and unbalanced as it is
a "converter" between the two. Coax is "unbalanced" i.e. one side is
grounded (the shield on the coax) and the RJ-45 side is balanced as
each pair is rx+ and rx- and tx+ and tx- with no ground to be seen.

Later;
Tim