[Asterisk-Users] snatching calls

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Tue Nov 4 14:28:31 MST 2003

Hi,

Our current PBX (Panasonic) has a setting that enables users to "snatch"
calls ringing at other extensions.

I'm not sure snatching is a correct term for this so let me elaborate.

Let's say you sit in a room with five other people. Each one has it's
own extension. One person goes out. As soon as he leaves the room his
phone starts ringing.

The other guys in the room want to answer his phone for him and take a
message, but they won't get up for it....

I just pick up our extension, hit *40, and the call is automatically
transferred to my extension.

Is this doable with Asterisk?

Is it possible to divide extensions into groups - like a group per room
- so I won't snatch a call from another room in the building, that I
wasn't even aware was ringing...

 Cheers.

Shoval